A couple of weeks ago I applied to be a participant in the next round in the International Librarian’s Network (ILN) and be matched with a librarian from across the globe. ILN is a peer mentoring program that aims to spread the library networks beyond home countries and facilitate good practise sharing.
I was really excited when I submitted my application and today I received the official communication about my new ILN partner. Quelle joie! When I was 15 I had a pen-friend based in Denmark and I still remember the pleasure of receiving her letters and news. Anyway, I have now to introduce myself to her and I can’t wait to hear about her library experience and her hopes in this sector.
I love the ILN programme because I can keep my mind open, seek to learn – share (as much as I can) as well as self-reflect on my profession. Just to start with we are going to explore the following questions:
· Where do you work? What does your job involve?
· What does your workspace look like? Try sharing a picture.
· What was your career path? How did you get where you are today?
· What inspired you to join the ILN?
· What are your hopes and expectations for the new partnership?
I’ll update my progresses soon. Definitely a good day! Au revoir…